16 - Red Cabbage & Cranberry Salad






Day # 16

I don't usually eat red cabbage, I actually hardly ever buy it but the bright color captivated me at the supermarket and I felt a calling to get it and try something outside of my usual comfort zone. I'm glad I did, because this salad taste excellent! Red cabbage, apples, cranberries; sweet, crunchy and flavorful.

What you'll need

2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 medium unpeeled diced apple (either Gala, Red Delicious, or Fuji apples)
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
5 cups coarsely shredded red cabbage
3/4 cup dried cranberries
3/4 cup toasted pecan halves*
salt and pepper to taste

*optional

What you'll need to do:

Whisk both vinegars and mustard in small bowl.

Gradually whisk in the honey and olive oil.

Toss apples with lemon juice, shredded cabbage, and dried cranberries.

Add dressing and toss.

Add salt & pepper

Stir in pecans, if using.

Best if refrigerated before serving.

Enjoy!